**Please note this is an example position based on the type of positions we hire**
Overview of Your Role
Are you a commercially focussed Financial Controller with a passion for leading and motivating teams together with solid experience in financial management?
The main purpose of the post is to provide maternity cover for the Corporate and Estate Financial Controller. Managing and supporting the Corporate and Estate Finance team to ensure compliance, reporting deadlines and day to day duties are completed to the highest standard.
The department embraces a continuous improvement culture and as such the management, scoping and adoption of improvements to working practices form part of the remit, particularly ahead of the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Day to day supervision of the Corporate and Estate finance team (transactional and reporting), working with the finance leadership team to promote best practice in relation to compliance and reporting.
- Support the development of the team, reviewing performance and developing their capabilities.
- Regular review of routine processes ensuring the highest level of compliance and accuracy.
- Work with our CEO, Finance Director and Corporate Accountant to improve reporting practices and content.
- Work with the Management Accounts Team to drive a forward-looking agenda and engage budget holders.
- Identify and introduce initiatives that will improve cash flow management.
- Work with the Procurement Director to identify priorities and opportunities to reduce costs across the business.
- Identify & recommend potential operational improvements to drive efficiencies across the business.
- Support the finance team through the business transformation process of introducing a new system.
- Work with the company Data Manager to ensure a smooth transition of accurate and relevant data into the new system.
Your Key Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Strong Experience in a commercial environment
- Hold a passion for driving simplification and continuous improvement
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
- Excellent and proven large team management skills
- A self-starter able to work with changing priorities and time pressures
- Proven ability to relate to all levels of management and both finance and non-finance staff
- Highly proficient with Excel at an advanced level
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics Nav would be desired
- Experience of innovating and making business improvements
Salary / Perks / Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
Interested? Apply today!
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you.
Strictly all applications via our chosen recruitment partner: King Recruit. Please send your CV and Supporting Statement to: email@example.com. If you’d like to discuss the opportunity prior to sending an application, please contact Helen Plumridge, MD of King Recruit on 07808 537696
On behalf of St Austell Brewery, we will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.