Salary 41,000 per annum
Contract Type Permanent
Hours of Work 37.5 per week
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Wellness programme
- Flexible/hybrid working
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparation of draft monthly management information (MI) and any other required materials for the monthly senior management meeting and quarterly finance reporting meeting.
- Supervision and support of 2 staff members
- Regular liaison with and provision of support for the senior management team.
- Liaison with external advisors regarding the production of prompt and accessible reporting requirements.
- Cash flow management, regular updating of the operating cash flow.
- Preparation of draft budgets and supporting departmental managers in the annual budget process: preparation of ad-hoc forecasts as required.
- Supervision of payroll preparation (undertaken by the bookkeeper), and preparation of related reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT returns/submissions.
- Support the development of financial strategy and further improvement of systems.
- Produce the creditors and debtors reports for the senior management team as required, a minimum of once per month
- Produce a monthly payment run of supplier payments in line with the requirements of the senior management team.
- Chase outstanding invoice payments, escalating as appropriate.
- Approve or arrange purchase orders, ensuring appropriate controls are adhered to whilst maintaining operational efficiency.
Candidate Requirements or Desirable Attributes
- Part-qualified accountant, or a similar level of experience with prior experience within a lead financial role and payroll systems.
- Exposure to Estate and Farm accounting practices.
- Sound working knowledge and experience of SAGE accounting software.
- Personable but disciplined working rhythm.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
If you have the experience to take on a role such as this, then we would love to hear from you!