Head of Technology Delivery Management
**Please note this is an example position based on the type of positions we hire**
If you’re looking for a leadership role within delivery and programme management that’s fast paced and diverse, this is a great opportunity to make an impact within a growing business.
We are looking to hear from IT Project Managers and IT Project Delivery Managers looking to make the next step up in their careers or from experienced Head’s of who in search of a new challenge.
Your role as Head of Technology / Head of Technology Delivery Management:
- To support, facilitate and manage the technical delivery process
- Provide leadership to a team of experienced multichannel digital professionals working across product management, analytics, project management, business analysis, customer/user experience and interaction design
- Proactive and professional engagement with senior business stakeholders
- Hands-on management of a portfolio of projects
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- A relaxed, friendly work environment.
- Time for training and self-improvement.
- Highly effective, motivated and supportive team members!
Your Knowledge, skills and experience.
- Broad experience as a project/programme manager across multiple enterprise-scale organisations in both agile and traditional environments working with internal teams and suppliers
- Prince 2 Practitioner (although our default approach is lean/agile)
- Experience in having delivered major digital projects (budgets in excess of £1M) which demonstrates a portfolio of experience in
- Custom software
- High-availability IT infrastructure (on-prem and cloud)
- Package/service implementation
- Business change
- Cloud services (ideally including SaaS and IaaS)
- Experience in setting up as well as delivering projects and programmes – business cases, TCO, governance structures, planning, training plans, RAID management and benefits management.
- Management and coaching of teams
- 5+ years’ experience working with technical teams in an Agile environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Agile PM (or Scrum Master, or equivalent) role.
- High EQ, with the ability to understand and manage the issues facing both team members and senior management
- The ability to effectively prioritise when under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on quality and accuracy.
- A willingness to learn, a positive, can-do attitude, and a good team player
- The ideal candidate will have a hands-on technical background, for example as a developer
- Web as well as native mobile apps delivery
- Digital transformation
- Agile coaching
- Technology/Enterprise architecture
- GDPR and security
- Mission critical systems
If this is the opportunity for you please contact King Recruit for an in depth discussion and full role specification.