ROLE: Management Accountant
LOCATION: Exeter – Hybrid 3 days in the office
Our client are looking to hire a Management Accountant to join their growing team.
The main purpose of the post is to support the Head of Finance in preparing monthly management accounts, business reports and associated control procedures to the Strategic Board. Additionally, to be directly responsible for the recording and reporting for a portfolio of companies within the Group structure.
- To be directly responsible for recording, managing, and reporting on a portfolio of companies within the Group.
- To prepare monthly trial balance, profit & loss account, balance sheet, cashflow and variance analysis notes for review by the Head of Finance.
- To take direct responsibility as part of the extended corporate finance team in ensuring that each company operates within the financial control procedures of the group and monthly reconciliations and control balances are prepared and signed off.
- To work with the extended corporate finance team in delivering financial data and analysis to support the senior management team in achieving specific goals and projects as initiated by the strategic board.
- To assist the Head of Finance and business stream managers with key data for departmental financial reporting.
- To work with business stream managers in providing financial support to ensure that budgeted targets at a minimum met.
- Monitor accounting and reporting developments and provide recommendations to process changes to ensure compliance.
- Maintain the fixed asset registers for each company in the portfolio ensuring accurate monthly depreciation and amortisation.
- Ensure compliance at all times with relevant regulatory bodies including Vat, Corporation Tax and PAYE.
- Work with the Head of Finance and other team members to maintain and improve internal financial controls and ensure that procedures are appropriate and efficient.
- To work with team members to create and maintain a procedure manual appropriate for the corporate finance function.
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate.
Essential / Mandatory Requirements
- Cima / ACCA part- qualified to newly qualified.
- Ability to prepare management accounts with excellent reconciliation and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sage
- Work in an accurate, organised and structured way that others can follow
- Ability to work effectively either as part of a team or individually
- Strong communication skills
- Good sense of humour
- Full current UK driving licence is required
- Must approach work in pragmatic and common-sense approach
Interested? Apply today!