Salon Service and Marketing Manager
Join one of the South West’s largest hair salons…
Overview of Your Role
If you are passionate about the delivery of exceptional service together with driving effective sales and marketing – you’ll fit right in at Energy Hair. This exciting opportunity has been newly created to deliver consistent and high-performance results across client services, sales, and marketing.
Due to the expansion of this award-winning salon, you will play a vital role in helping us to maintain and exceed customer expectations, implement sales initiatives, and ensure consistent and strategic marketing throughout the year.
Overview of The Company
Energy Hair is an independent award-winning hair salon that is currently in its 22nd year of successful trading! Energy Hair is situated at the prestigious location of Darts Farm, Topsham just outside of Exeter, Devon. With a team of 28, a family-centric culture, and a client base of over 4000, Energy Hair has recently invested in the growth of the salon and doubled its floor space. The salon is luxurious, high-end and our clients love coming to us simply because we offer an unrivalled customer experience in a beautiful setting. We also have a brand new training academy facility in collaboration with our hair colour brand Keune, and this allows us to hold events on the world stage, and provide a dedicated training facility for up and coming stylists.
The key focus of this role: Enable growth projections and achieve results by delivering consistency and excellence across customer service, sales & marketing.
Working with the salon owner and salon manager, your role will cover three distinct and interconnecting areas of the business: Customer service delivery, revenue – including service and retail; and consistent marketing.
You will ensure every area of the customer journey is reviewed and implement strategies and initiatives for improvement. This will include the customer experience, customer retention, customer care, and aftercare.
Driving sales revenue and sales targets, and working with management to review and introduce new incentives, targets, product promotions, and seasonal opportunities.
- Design and delivery of a comprehensive annual marketing plan. This will include offline and online activity, the use of social media, product placement, events, promotions, and content-driven communication such as newsletters, ‘how-to’s, and uploading regular imagery.
- Use of reporting and data tools, such as excel for sales figures, analytics for marketing activity, and presenting back to the management and the team weekly, monthly, quarterly, and so on.
- Other duties: Stock control; heading up the reception team; opening and shutting the salon
- A full job description and person specification is available
Your Key Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Commercially focused and customer-centric, we’re looking for someone who can help drive our business forward with passion and enthusiasm!
- Experience working within a customer-facing environment focused on the delivery of customer excellence whether that’s a hair salon, the hospitality industry, retail or the restaurant trade
- Experience achieved to managerial or senior level, incorporating driving sales and revenue. For example; Setting KPIs and targets and product or service sales targets with a track record of achieving results.
- A demonstrable track record of achieving customer excellence, and introducing innovations that will improve the overall customer experience from end to end.
- Leadership capability and previous experience of either overseeing or leading a small team.
- Marketing expertise including the development and delivery of an annual marketing plan – Including digital and social media activity, website updates, offline activity such as PR, events, promotions, and producing great content and marketing material.
- A ‘people person’. We’re looking for someone who can build instant rapport with customers and the team, and have a genuine passion for the customer whether that’s internal or external.
- Great IT skills inclusive of Excel, Word, Content Writing, Social Media and Website posts, Data and Reporting, analysing the figures, and being able to present insights and growth.
- You will need to be presentable, professional, self-motivated, target driven, and with an ambition to grow with us.
- Experience in a similar position within a hair salon or similar industry such as a beauty salon
- Relevant qualification such as a CIM, and/or sales training/customer service training
- Financial experience such as managing profit and loss, stock control figures and other key business data
Salary / Perks / Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Hours of work are Tuesday to Saturday = 40 hours
- Holiday: 28 days incl. bank holidays
- Free hair for every employee including cutting and colouring
- Cost price on hair products
- Regular investment in training
- Regular staff meals and social gatherings
- King Recruit is managing this vacancy exclusively on behalf of Energy Hair.
- Please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the current Covid-19 crisis the salon is temporarily shut and we are following government advice as to when we will reopen. Therefore, should you be offered and accept this position, your start date would be open-ended until the salon reopens.
- We will be conducting short telephone calls initially, followed by interviews via video call.
- The final stage interview is subject to a face to face interview which will be carried out, as and when government restrictions are eased.
Interested? Apply today!