Network Specialist (Telecoms)
Do you want to work with a forward-thinking business? Our client is looking to hire a presales specialist who will support the field and office-based sales teams in the design and presentation of Networking, IT (local, cloud & hybrid), and Telephony (on-premises, private & publicly hosted) solutions. It involves working with prospective and existing customers, and with internal departments.
- Understand the customer’s business needs and objectives to design a suitable solution.
- Support field sales in customer meetings and assist with technical presentations and demonstrations to prospective clients – this will involve liaising with customer IT teams to understand their ICT environment and how that will influence the proposed solution.
- Provide high level design for opportunities, as well as low level design documentation on larger or more complex opportunities.
- Present solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Liaise closely with our senior engineers and technical design authority regarding the solution design.
- Provide bill of materials for solutions and liaise with suppliers as required.
- Responsibility for the complete technical sign off on sold solutions and working alongside technical teams to ensure solution compatibility.
- Co-ordinate internal project handover meetings to facilitate a smooth transition of new orders from sales to project management.
- Liaise with vendor and technical support teams.
- Provide sales staff with regular product training/updates to ensure that the sales team have a comprehensive understanding of our product portfolio and are self- sufficient where possible.
- Attend manufacturer presales events as required and communicate information to relevant staff
- Experience in designing WAN, LAN, wLAN solutions and/or telephony and unified communications solutions and/or IT solutions and services.
- Strong foundation across varying technologies in Networking, IT, Communication and Managed Services.
- Experience with the following vendors would be advantageous: Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Dell, HPE, Microsoft 365 and Teams, Gamma Horizon and Wildix
- IT Support, MSP and cyber security experience would also be advantageous.
- Experience in a customer-facing, technical sales role
- The ability to evaluate and understand a customer’s business needs/objectives and design a solution to meet those needs.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- An appetite to learn new technologies.
- A desire to understand relevant new technologies as they come to market and a keen interest in the continued development of your technical skill set.
- Valid driving license.
If you have the experience required to fulfil this role then we would love to hear from you!