King Recruit’s Covid-19 pledge is to help and support the Southwest business community during the crisis and beyond.
- FOR INDIVIDUALS: We are here to provide advice and support to anyone who has been made redundant.
- FOR BUSINESSES: We’ll support local businesses by reducing and extending our terms of business.
- LATEST NEWS: We will be keeping you updated on what is happening across the Southwest in the employment market. SIGN UP for all of our latest news and FOLLOW US on LinkedIn.
There’s never been a better time to start using video interviewing. http://www.zoom.us
King Recruit regularly uses Zoom for interviewing and briefing our candidates. It’s simple, easy, effective and free if you use the basic version!
Over the coming weeks we will all be using video conferencing as a means to keep our businesses running and therefore minimising the impact of current market factors.
Whether the country is on lockdown from COVID-19 or simply you are unable to hold a physical interview – Zoom Video is one of the easiest tools out there, you don’t even have to set up a zoom account!
You only have to see the surge in Zoom’s share price over the last few days to see how the video-conferencing brand is reaping the rewards during this uncertain pandemic.
Therefore let’s all get resourceful and ‘KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON’.
King Recruit’s 6 reasons to start using Zoom for interviews:
1. Saves time and travel – By meeting through video, you also get the added benefit of reducing costs to both your company and to the interviewee. And a higher chance of smooth interviews reduces the amount of time that it takes to find the right person for the job. Forget paying for a candidate to travel miles or even travelling to meet them. A block of zoom interviews can be booked back to back all in one afternoon, ready to start booking second interviews straight away.
2. It’s free – You do not have to have a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting or interview. You will be prompted to download the software, once you have clicked on the link that you have been provided. You may also wish to create an account, but that is not required to participate in a Zoom meeting. Easy!
3. Reliable – It’s clear, reliable and you’re not speaking to your computer, or into a phone, you’re actually presenting to the person on the other side. When they ask a question you can see and feel what they want to know, as well as hear their question. Rather important when you are trying to gage whether a candidate is a good culture match to your organisation.
4. Zoom videos can be recorded. A massive plus for interviewers doing multiple interviews over the course of a couple of weeks. How many times, have you thought – I’ve forgotten the first or second interviewees? Great to go back and remind yourself. From as little as £11.99 per month you can record all of your video interviews easily! Cloud recording is automatically enabled for all paid subscribers. When you record a video and choose Record to the Cloud, the video, audio, and chat text are recorded in the Zoom cloud. … Zoom also offers local recording, which saves the recording files to your computer. (Seriously, we aren’t on commission, we promise!)
5. Broadens your talent pool – globally! In a world where remote working is getting more popular, or rather it’s enforced; Ahem COVID-19. It’s time to take a hard look at the traditional business model of having all workers present in the office. Maybe the best person to lead your sales team doesn’t live in the same part of the country. Video conferencing expands your pool of potential talent from thousands or millions of people to billions. Having that kind of reach – combined with the ability to offer any potential candidate the possibility of having a job from home – significantly increases your chances of finding the most talented individuals. In an era where you can communicate with someone 2,000 miles away face-to-face with such a clarity, and you can use a host of project management and file sharing services, the world has now become your talent pool.
6. Stay ahead of the competition – There could possibly never be a better time to access great candidates. Especially if it’s well sought after talent and skills you are looking for. Businesses may be on lock down and cancelling interviews as a result, but could this be an opportunity to capture the best candidates on the market? Just download the zoom app and use it anytime and anywhere to start interviewing great candidates!
King Recruit is an independently minded recruitment and search agency, covering Exeter and the whole of the South West. For ambitious companies and professionals alike – the core of our mission is to help drive your success.
If you’d like to speak to King Recruit by video or telephone interview advice, please call us on 01392 790725 or email email@example.com to arrange a convenient time. There is no obligation. King Recruit is making a Covid-19 pledge to help anyone who needs advice, support and guidance.
Follow us on LinkedIn for all of our up to date news and views from around the Southwest region